Your Skin Will Eat Up &Desert Lime Flawless Micro-Exfoliant
I was first introduced to Edible Beauty, an Australian skincare company, this summer at the Indie Beauty Expo in New York. Their beautiful packaging and alluring teas captured my attention immediately and friends, their skincare left me a bit speechless…well, not that speechless, since I have already featured their teas in an article for Beauty and Well Being Magazine leaving me compelled to highlight them here as well…
Edible Beauty embodies the term “Luxurious, botanical skincare” They use only quality ingredients which are botanical and wildcrafted. Reading the ingredient list is proof positive that you may even eat these products…although I recommend using them topically…
At the moment I am fascinated with their &Desert Lime Flawless Micro-Exfoliant. The crisp aroma of citrus is inviting and also a hint of the good things about to be delivered to your skin. This exfoliator is based in a combination of coconut, camillia, sunflower oils and cocoa butter. All of which are soothing, hydrating and nourishing. A few of the other star ingredients are:
- Rice Grain is the exfoliating component which is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skins but don’t let that fool you, it successfully removes dead cells and impurities, leaving your skin soft and glowing.
- Strawberry and Lime Extracts naturally brighten the skin and Gingko Biblobo is added to increase circulation.
- Honey Suckle Extract is antibacterial and a great healing agent and Wattleseed is high in amino acids and an anti-inflammatory.
I have found a little goes a long way with this and I prefer to use it on clean, wet skin, rubbing in circular motions for about one minute all over your face, neck and decollete, followed by your normal evening routine. Go to www.ediblebeautyaustralia.com to learn more and while your there, take a look at their teas. Next on the horizon for me will be the Gold Rush Eye Balm.
Sending you glowing wishes,
Perfect Sun-Filled Summer Mask
I have no doubt that everyone now knows and practices “safe sun techniques”…but even though we are all wearing sunblock everyday and also reapplying it when we are out and about for more than a couple hours, there are those times when being a bit lazy by the pool and craving a St. Tropez tan over take our sun-educated selves.
Now, when you get back to your senses and need to reverse the damage the sun has done, Talika has your back…or should I say face…Talika, a french company which is made in Korea, offers an assortment of facial, neck and décolleté masks, as well as some of the best eye products I know. read here for more info The After Sun Bio Enzyme Mask was designed for those of us that accidentally or possibly on purpose absorbed to many of the sun’s rays.
The sheet mask is based in a bio-cellulose, 100% natural fiber. This form of application delivers 10x’s better penetration of the active ingredients into your skin, allowing you to fully benefit from the healing and anti-aging properties of the mask. The main ingredients are:
- Hyaluronic Acid to hold moisture in the skin and Water-Harnessing Sugar, which helps to rebuild the skin’s barrier.
- Alpine Herb Extracts, a combination of chamomile, arnica, gentian and milfoil. Together they successfully sooth and heal sunburned skin.
- Achillaea Millefolium Stem Extract, aka yarrow root extract and Bambusa Textilis Stem Extract, which comes from bamboo stalks are known to be used on wounds and infections.
- Gentiana Lutea Root Extract is an anti-inflammatory. This is important because the sun causes inflammation in the skin, resulting in a breakdown of collagen fibers and destroying healthy cells.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and a great anti-oxidant.
I do admit friends, I have had to use this mask a couple times this summer and after leaving it on for about 20-30 minutes it pulls the red out of my skin, leaving it soft, soothed and glowing. If you want to add this to your skin saving arsenal, it may be purchased at www.talika.com.
Sending glowing wishes,